A photograph of a sketch depicting St James' Church from the north-west
- St James' Church, North Cray, Bexley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
This is a photograph of an image printed in a newspaper. This photograph is believed to have been taken c1933-1950.
Underneath the sketch is printed: 'This week we publish the fifth in the series of the Churches on the River Cray from a sketch-book, dated 1830, by the Rev. E. Berens, a great-uncle of the present generation of the family residing in Kevington, St Mary Cray'.
The photographer's notes state: 'Copy. From N.W. (from a reproduction in the Sidcup & Kentish Times, March 3 1933, of a sketch by Rev. E. Berens in 1830)'.
St James' Church was rebuilt in the middle of 19th century by Edwin Nash.
© Historic England Archive
Artist: Berens, E
Creator of Archive: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Medieval Parish Church