Looking north along the road towards the almshouses on the west side of North Cray Road

Date:
24 Jul 1934
Location:
Almshouses, North Cray Road, North Cray, Bexley, Greater London Authority, DA14
Reference:
BB71/09174
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Almshouses at a distance from S. On the west side of the main road, at the S. end of the village. The weatherboarded building, just to the left of the almshouses, forms the Jubilee Houses'.

The five almshouses were built by Reverend William Hetherington and his sister Elizabeth in 1771. They were located on the west side of North Cray Road, opposite Dower House. They have since been demolished.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Georgian Almshouse

Back
to top