A view of 108-124 High Street, taken from the end of Church Road to the north-east
- 5 Jul 1928
- 108-124 High Street, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'Nos 108 (nearest), 110, 112, 114, 116 & 118. Here comes in Broomhill Road. Then the smithy and No 122 beyond. Furthest is the modern 2 gabled butcher's shop (Elton). This is on the site of the shop which William Joyner and then Bond had. West side High Street, just south of and opposite to Church Hill Road, which comes in on the left'.
There is an additional note stating: 'Nos 108, 110 & 112 were demolished in the Spring of 1929'.
There is a crack in the lower right corner of this negative.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval House, 20th Century Shop