An exterior view of the Priory, taken from the north-east, showing the buttress and chimney breast at the east end of the east wing

Date:
13 Aug 1934
Location:
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09536
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. The house. Close view of the E. wing's east end buttresses and chimney breast from N.N.E'.

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Buttress, Chimney Breast, Post Medieval Vicarage, Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval House

Back
to top