An interior view looking south-east across the Great Hall at the Priory
- 8 Aug 1934
- The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. The Great Hall. Looking S.S. east. Doorway into the former kitchen in right centre. The arch to the kitchen passage ("Long Entry") in left wall by the angle. The high arch & steps just to the right lead to the passage leading into the south wing'.
The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Great Hall, Post Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval House, Medieval Vicarage, Domestic Interior