Looking north from the passgeway in the south wing, along the east wall of the Great Hall and towards the dining room in the Priory

Date:
8 Aug 1934
Location:
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09562
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. Looking through the Great Hall along the east side northwards to the dining-room from the arch of the south wing passage'.

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Archway, Post Medieval Vicarage, Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval House

Back
to top