An interior view of the vaulted crypt in the east wing of the Priory, showing the blocked archway next to the stone steps which lead up to the inner hall

Date:
10 Aug 1934
Location:
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09576
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. The crypt in the east wing. Looking S. west up the steps'.

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Crypt, Vault, Post Medieval House, Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval Vicarage

Back
to top