A view of the timber and plaster wall on the north side of the attic landing in the south range of the Priory, showing the south end of the central beam in the roof of the Great Hall below

Date:
29 May 1935
Location:
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09590
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. The south wall of the attic over the Great Hall from the landing in the S. range. The south end of the central beam of the Great Hall ceiling clearly shown on this side of the wall at floor level of the landing'.

On the other side of the wall is the attic space which is shown in BB71/09589.

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Medieval Timber Framed Building, Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval House

Back
to top