An interior view of the chancel at All Saints' Church, taken from the south-west, showing two commemorative wall tablets and the brass monument to Thomas Wilkinson

Date:
6 Jun 1935
Location:
All Saints Church, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09616
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The parish church. The chancel. From S.W. Arch into the Chantry Chapel on left. To the right of it is the Thomas Wilkinson brass'.

In 1957-8 All Saints' Church was extended with the construction of a large new building on the south side. The extension included a new church meaning the old nave and chancel then became an ante chapel and chapel. With the new additions, the orientation of the church changed to a north-south direction.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Chancel, Medieval Parish Church

Back
to top