The Almshouses on North Cray Road, as seen from the south-east

Date:
24 Jul 1934
Location:
Almshouses, North Cray Road, North Cray, Bexley, Greater London Authority, DA14
Reference:
BB71/09617
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Almshouses. Close view from S.E. Nos 1 (nearest), 2, 3, 4 & 5 (furthest)'.

The five almshouses were built by Reverend William Hetherington and his sister Elizabeth in 1771. They were located on the west side of North Cray Road, opposite Dower House. They have since been demolished.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Georgian Almshouse

Back
to top