View looking south across the circular drive at the west front of the Priory

Date:
29 May 1935
Location:
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09757
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. The carriage space. Looking southwards to the stables from under the brick arch against the N.W. angle of the house'.

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval House, Post Medieval Vicarage, Medieval Vicarage

Back
to top