Photographic copy of a halftone postcard showing boats and sailships moored in the trapezoidal tidal basin of Bridgwater Docks. This view is looking south-east from the north side of the basin, with the Chandos Glass Cone in the distance to right.

Date:
circa 1898
Location:
Bridgwater Docks, Tidal Basin, Bridgwater, Sedgemoor, Somerset
Reference:
BB72/00889
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The docks at Bridgwater opened in 1841, and were constructed to the designs of engineer Thomas Maddicks. The photograph was taken by local photographer A Squibbs of Bridgwater.

Content

This is part of the Series: RCH01/006 Red Box Collection (RCHME); within the Collection: RCH01 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England (RCHME) Archive

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Squibbs, A

Keywords

Victorian Dock, Victorian Watercraft, Water Transport

Back
to top