Euston, opened in 1837, was the London terminus for the London & Birmingham Railway. At its entrance was this enormous Arch, designed by Philip Hardwick. The unsuccessful campaign to prevent its demolition in 1961 acted as a catalyst for the industrial archaeology movement. This image appears on page 160 of 'Historic Views of London'. Series: London and Neighbourhood (G R & Co.).
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Collector: Howarth-Loomes, Bernard E C
Creator of Archive: G R & Co
Victorian Arch, Victorian Railway Station