A view from the cupola on the roof of the Moravian Chapel looking north west towards Bretheren Street and the north side of Fairfield Square

Date:
5 Jun 1971
Location:
Brethren's Street, Fairfield, Droylsden, Tameside
Show all locations
Moravian Chapel, Fairfield Square, Fairfield, Droylsden, Tameside
Reference:
BB73/04747
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Description

The Moravian settlement in Fairfield was established by Benjamin La Trobe in 1785 as a focus for the evangelistic work of the Moravaian Church in Manchester.

Content

This is part of the Job: 05/00379 The Moravian Chapel, Droylsden, Tameside; within the Sub Series: RCH01/002/102 RCHME Architectural Requests: Tameside; within the Series: RCH01/002 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England: Architectural Requests; within the Collection: RCH01 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England (RCHME) Archive

Rights

© Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Braybrook, Ronald: Royal Commission On The Historical Monuments Of England

Keywords

Georgian Moravian Settlement, Georgian Moravian Chapel, Roofscape

Back
to top