The Castle Inn closed in 1924 and the building was demolished in 1961. It stood on the north side of London Road, close to the site of the Pears Soap factory, and in the area known as Smallberry Green. The word 'Pears' can be seen printed in large letters on the building adjacent to The Castle Inn.
Source: Historic England Archive
Post Medieval Inn