Church Of St Giles

Date:
28 Sep 2007
Location:
Church Of St Giles, Haughton, Stafford, Staffordshire
Reference:
IOE01/00008/02
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

1. HAUGHTON 2385 Church of St Giles SJ 82 SE 14/1A 15.1.68.

B

2.

The core is probably Cl3 with C14 North Doorway. Much rebuilding in 1737 and further alterations later. A reconstruction by J L Pearson on excellent lines in 1887. The tower and North chapel are early C16, Fine incised alabaster slab to Nicholas Graviner, Rector (1520). A few fragments of late mediaeval painted glass in North chapel.

Listing NGR: SJ8657020485

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Ayre_Chris IOE Records for Ayre, Chris; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr Chris Ayre. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Ayre, Chris

Rights Holder: Ayre, Chris

Keywords

Alabaster, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative