This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST74NW WHATLEY CP CHANTRY
3/202 Gates, gate piers and churchyard wall, Church of The Holy Trinity
Gates, gate piers and wall of churchyard. Circa 1846 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Doulting ashlar. Piers consist of low walls ramped up to contiguous piers, all having simple stepped coping; buttresses to either side. Pair of C20 wrought iron gates. Wall 2 metres high running 21 metres South-West, and 63 metres North-East; flat coping. Pointed arch door opening at East end, plank door with strap hinges.
Listing NGR: ST7191347058
Copyright IoE Mr Robert O. Caudwell. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rights Holder: Caudwell, Robert O.
Ashlar, Limestone, Wrought Iron, Georgian Gate Pier, Victorian Unassigned, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Gate, Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site