This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST74NW WHATLEY CP CHANTRY 3/204 Coach House and stables, 60 metres South-East of The Chantry 11.3.68
Coach house and stables, now dwelling. Circa 1826 by John Pinch for James Fussell. Bath stone ashlar, plain band at first floor level, hipped slate roof behind cornice and parapet, 2 ashlar stacks. Classical. 2-storeys, 1:1:1 bays, centre breaking forward slightly under triangular pediment, below semi-circular head sash window with glazing bars, wide semi-circular archway on ground floor; outer bays have glazing bar sash windows. Left return of 2-bays has casement windows with semi-circular heads on first floor, below C20 openings.
Listing NGR: ST7209046954
Copyright IoE Mr Robert O. Caudwell. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Caudwell, Robert O.
Rights Holder: Caudwell, Robert O.
Ashlar, Bath Stone, Slate, Georgian Stable, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling