This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ICKNIELD PORT ROAD SP 08 NW 997-0/6/57 Workshops and Stores at Rotton Park Loop Canal Maintenance Yard GV II Workshops and stores on canal maintenance yard. Late C19. Red and blue brick in English bond. Gable-ended roof reclad in asbestos tiles, small brick axial, gable end and rear lateral stacks. Long rectangular range.
Single storey. 7 window range with cast-iron multi-pane windows, round arched to left and segmental arches to right. Segmental arched doorways with plank doors and 3 wide doorways, that to left of entre open and with main roof carried down as canopy on timber posts with shaped plank valances at sides. At rear multi-pane cast-iron windows in segmental arch openings. Interior not inspected.
Note: Rotton Park Loop was originally part of James Brindley's 1768 Brimingham Cana, improved by Thomas Telford in circa 1827.
Listing NGR: SP0461286994
Copyright IoE Mr Geoff Dowling. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Dowling, Geoff
Rights Holder: Dowling, Geoff
Asbestos, Brick, Tile, Victorian Workshop, Industrial, Industrial Building, Storehouse, Unassigned, Building