This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BIRMINGHAM THIMBLE MILL LANE SP 08 NE 7/10010 Churchyard Wall and Lychgate, south of St Josephs Roman Catholic Church II
Churchyard (formerly cemetery) wall and integral lychgate. Circa 1850, probably by A W N Pugin. Brick in bond of headers and alternating stretcher and header courses, of red brick with burnt headers in diaper pattern and with blue brick pitched coping. Small lychgate at centre built of brick with stone quoins and coping to end gables and with tiled roof.
Note: The R C church of St Joseph (qv) was originally a mortuary chapel to the cemetery, of which this wall and lychgate forms the south east boundary and main entrance.
Listing NGR: SP0886088979
Copyright IoE Mr Geoff Dowling. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Dowling, Geoff
Rights Holder: Dowling, Geoff
Brick, Stone, Tile, Georgian Lych Gate, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site