This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CUDDINGTON C.P. WEAVERHAM ROAD SJ 67 SW (East Side) Sandiway 4/33 No. 84 (Croft House) and No. 45 (Croft House) NORLEY ROAD and attached outbuildings - GV II Pair of estate cottages: dated 1906 by and for John Douglas. English garden wall bond pink brick with buff terracotta dressings, upper storey timber-framed with plastered infill, purple tile roof with 2 ridge brick chimneys with pilasters. 2-storey symmetrical 4-bay south front. Upper storey has large panels with arch braces on a continuous bressumer decorated with roundels and inscribed
FEAR GOD HONOUR THE KING LOVE THE BROTHERHOOD
It contains 2 timber-framed half dormers with pairs of 2-light wooden casements with baluster decoration below and tiebeams inscribed JD and STD in Gothick lettering. End bays below have 4-light. terracotta windows with basket arched heads and turned column baluster mullions.
Central pair of bays recessed and bressumer carried on a braced wooden post. Single lights in reveals and 4-light windows with segmental heads in main portion. Date on gable end and entry to rear. Attached by a coped brick wall to the rear is a pair of 1-storey outbuildings (wash house and toilet) in similar materials.
Interior: no special features.
Also part of Douglas's Village Green, with the church and nos. 80 and 82 Weaverham Road.
Listing NGR: SJ6053271175
This is part of the Series: IOE\Noxon_R.G. IOE Records for Noxon, R.G.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr R.G. Noxon. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Noxon, R.G.
Rights Holder: Noxon, R.G.
Brick, Terracotta, Tile, Timber, Victorian Estate Cottage, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Model Dwelling, Oubliette, Unassigned, Building, Wash House, Health And Welfare, Timber Framed House, Monument <By Form>, Timber Framed Building, Toilet, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Disposal Site