This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
In the entry for:-
KEW BRIDGE ROAD TQ 1878 16/194B Link Building.
The address and description shall be amended to read:-
TQ 1878 KEW BRIDGE ROAD 16/194B Boiler Houses Coal Store, Steam Engine House and link to Great Engine House at Kew Bridge Pumping Station.
II GV Boiler houses, coal store, steam engine house, and link corridor. 1836-8, 1845-6 c1855-9, and 1890-91. For the Grand Junction Water Works Company. 1836-8 work of brown brick, 1890s work of cream brick, all in Flemish bond; mid C19 work of brick with Roman cement; Welsh slate roofs. The buildings lie to the rear and left side of the Main Building (q.v) and link it to the Great Engine House (q.v). Immediately behind the Main Building is the original boiler house with coal store beyond, of 1836-8. When the Great Engine House was built 1845-6 a linking corridor was also built, running to it from the east side of the boiler house. Probably c1855-9 a second boiler house was built behind the linking corridor. 1890-91 a steam engine house was built along the left (west) side of the Main Building with a high-pressure boiler house behind, further (later) addition beyond that. Behind the original coal store is 89 addition which is not of special interest. Link corridor (south elevation) of one storey, 3 bays, has round-arched arcade with archivolts linked by impost band, double board door up steps on left, and 2 small-pane windows. The later boiler house east elevation has 6 bays under 2 gables; below each gable a central doorway with fanlight flanked by windows in recesses with 2 small circular windows over; left bay retains original small-pane window, others altered; left doorway has double board door, right doorway enlarged; openings have archivolts linked by moulded impost band; gabled ridge lights; 4-bay north elevation has segmental-arched windows in recesses and impost band. The 1890-91 range, west elevation, of 2 and 5 bays, has chamfered black brick plinth, board doors, 12-pane windows with pivoting casements and stone cills and lintels, stepped eaves; porch added at left (north) end. 1836-38 Boiler House and Coal Store largely masked by other buildings, but on east side at south end are 2 round-arched windows with glazing bars, and inside are other oringal round-arched openings, the coal store north wall having also pilaster butresses. The early boiler house has iron columns, braced steel trusses, and a gabled ridge light.
4419 KEW BRIDGE ROAD, BRENTFORD
Link building TQ 1878 16/194B
Engine house is connected with main building by arcaded 1-storey rendered link building.
Listing NGR: TQ1880578049
This is part of the Series: IOE\Barrett_Quiller IOE Records for Barrett, Quiller; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Quiller Barrett. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Barrett, Quiller
Rights Holder: Barrett, Quiller
Brick, Iron, Render, Roman Cement, Slate, Steel, Georgian Coal Shed, Victorian Unassigned, Fuel Store, Building Component, Building, Boiler House, Industrial, Steam Power Production Site, Power Generation Site, Engine House, Waterworks, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site, Water Pumping Station, Pumping Station, Water Regulation Installation, Covered Way, Steam Engine House