This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LANGPORT CP NORTH STREET (West side) ST4226 11/137 The Black Swan Inn - GV II
Inn, C18 origins, reshaped C19. Local stone rubble, but brick facade in Flemish bond, colourwashedi plain clay tile roof with simple gables; brick chimney stacks. Two storeys, 3 bays. Sash windows of 12 panes above, in plain openings; below small C20 shopfront to bay 1, with recessed door to right, then a 12-pane sash window; to right of bay 2 a 20-pane sash window with segmental arched head, then a deep recess with flat head to bay 3, with C20 and leaded sidelights. Painted brick extension to south gable, single-storey with pantiled roof and stepped coped gable with finial, and throughway at south end. Range of outbuildings to rear, and C20 covered way on north gable. Interior not seen. A Black Swan Inn mentioned as early as 1727 - possibly not on this site, but between 1815-41 this Inn was running a friendly society. (VCH, vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST4209026889
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Brick, Pantile, Rubble, Stone, Tile, Stuart Inn, Georgian Commercial, Domestic, Residential Building