This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LANGPORT CP CHEAPSIDE (North side) ST4226 11/93 Wessex News; second premises west of north east corner premises - GV II
Shop. Circa 1830. Ashlar stone and pebbledash rendering, all painted; hipped Welsh slate roof of very shallow pitch; no chimney stacks visible. Two storeys, 2 bays, with one-bay return on east side. Plinth, pilasters with incised anthemion ornament, eaves course; fascia as string course: 12-pane sash windows above, some with crown glass panes; below 16-pane display window right of C20 part-glazed door with diamond-glazed fanlight over; east return to match, the 12-pane display window probably original, set over recessed ashlar stone stall risers. Interior not seen, but ground floor altered.
Listing NGR: ST4202026816
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Ashlar, Pebbledash, Welsh Slate, Georgian Shop, Victorian Commercial