This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LANGPORT CP CHEAPSIDE (North side) ST4126 10/103 Langport Royal British Legion Club 17.4.59 GV II
Former reading room and library, now club. 1833. Red brick, Flemish bond; Welsh slate roof to shallow pitch between coped gables; brick chimney stack. Two storeys, 2 bays. Large 16-pane sash windows in plain openings with voussoired flat arches; right of bay 2 a 4-panel door in matching opening under margined rectangular fanlight, 3 steps up.
Interior not seen. Built as a reading room, it was being used by the Langport Scientific and Literary Association in 1861, and houses a library revived by the Corporation in 1875. (VCH, vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST4193226785
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Brick, Welsh Slate, Georgian Steps, Victorian Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Library, Education, Recreational, Art And Education Venue, Reading Room, British Legion Hall, Meeting Hall, Recreational Hall