This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LAVENDER HILL SW11 1.
5033 Church of the Ascension TQ 2875 10/3 28.6.54 II* 2.
1876 to 1883. Designed by James Brooks. Finished 1883 by J T Micklethwaite.
Tall nave and chancel with a round apse under one long slate roof; and low aisle carried round the east end. Chapel to north and vestries at north-east, built on slope of the hill. Red brick with stone dressings.
The tower was never built. Interior of fair-faced red brick. Simple stone piers support brick arcades. Clerestory of lancets above. Wooden barrel vault with wooden ties.
Rood and loft George Wallace 1910.
The glass by Kempe and Tower.
Listing NGR: TQ2809675666
Copyright IoE Mr Christopher Strevens. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Strevens, Christopher
Rights Holder: Strevens, Christopher
Brick, Slate, Stone, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship