This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST3308 CHURCH STREET 756-1/4/27 (West side) 29/07/76 Church Room
Church Room. Dated 1827, restored 1896 and 1923 (shield in gable and over west entrance). Limestone rubble with Ham Hill stone dressings and crested slate roof. Typical church room plan with one room to first floor. Church Street facade is 2 storeys, 3-window range. Ground floor has 2-light leaded windows with stone mullions to each light with ogee head, both under a labelled hoodmould. 1st floor has three 2-light mullioned leaded windows, each light with trefoil head, both under a 4-centred arch hoodmould set in full dormers. A metal fire escape to right of first floor. Left return, the east front, has similar window to centre. INTERIOR not inspected, but noted as having been altered.
Listing NGR: ST3226408206
Copyright IoE Mr Richard Bland. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bland, Richard
Rights Holder: Bland, Richard
Lias, Limestone, Rubble, Slate, Georgian Church Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument