This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST31SW COMBE ST NICHOLAS CP RECTORY GARDENS (west side)
6/59 Nos 1-6 (consecutive) Rectory Court
Vicarage, now divided into flats. Circa 1840, Italian villa style, Squared and coursed chert stone, limestone dressings, stuccoed on garden front, hipped slate roofs with overhanging eaves, pyramid roof to tower, Plan: entrance tower at east end fronting road, garden front with canted bay facing south, set into hillside at west end with cottage (not of special interest). East front tower: 3 storeys plus attic left bail only (tower), l:1 bays, pilaster quoins with rusticated ground floor to towers, paired light opening to attic with ashlar surround, flat string through lintel of wooden 2-light oriel with modillion cornice and shaped brackets, to right 12-pane sash window, first floor left 2 tall arch-head windows in ashlar surround, 12- pane tripartite sash window right with 6-sane below, entrance left mouldec lintel, semi-circular headed opening with incised spandrels and panelled door, half-glazed inner door, Left return of tower fronting onto garden slightly modified in C20 and ground floor roughcast; main block fronting garden only partially sighted, full height bow, 1:3;1 bays, 12-pine sashes with keystones. The vicarage divided into flits in the 1970's.
Listing NGR: ST3000211213
Copyright IoE Mr Richard Bland. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bland, Richard
Rights Holder: Bland, Richard
Chert, Limestone, Roughcast, Slate, Stucco, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Apartment, Monument <By Form>