This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LANGPORT CP THE HILL (North side) ST4226 11/112 Southernhay, with front boundary railings - GV II
Detached house. Circa 1840. Rendered; Welsh slate roof with large overhangs to plain gables; brick end chimney stacks.
Two storeys, 3 bays. Plain pilasters to each bay, doubled at corners, cill course and head course bands, first floor: 12-pane sash windows in plain openings; central 4-panelled door with rectangular fanlight having heavy Chippendale style glazing: garage extension to west gable with triple clay tiled roof; to east, a later link wing, then a stable gateway with arch and yard with outbuildings, these last not of special interest. Interior not seen. Front boundary railings to south, attached to south west corner of house, wrot iron with twisted spear-points and anthemion cast finials to curve-braced standards, matching those of the Pound enclosure to south (q.v), and of streetscape value.
Listing NGR: ST4217926775
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Brick, Render, Welsh Slate, Wrought Iron, Georgian Detached House, Victorian Monument <By Form>, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Oubliette, Unassigned, Building, Garage, Transport, Road Transport Site, Gate, Arch, Railings, Barrier