This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
MUCHELNEY CP ST42SW 8/226 - The Village Cross, 35 metres north of Church of SS. Peter and Paul 17.4.59 GV II
Village cross. Restored in 1840s, possibly incorporating medieval base. Ham stone. Octagonal base of 3 steps with moulded nosings on lias stone plinth; plain panelled octagonal base, tapered shaft with moulded base and incised decoration, gabletted top surmounted by a fleur-de-lys cross. Restored by Walter Long, Lord of the Manor (Pooley, Old Crosses of Somerset, 1877).
Listing NGR: ST4290024950
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Ham Hill Stone, Lias, Medieval Village Cross, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Elizabethan Cross