This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONG SUTTON CP THE GREEN (East side) ST4625 12/150 Stuckeys House (formerly listed as The Green) 17.4.59 GV II
Detached house. Dated 1782. Local lias stone cut and squared, but facade of red brick in English bond with Ham stone dressings; plain clay tiled roof between stepped coped gables; brick end chimney stacks. Two storeys, 3 bays. Casement windows, 3-light below and 2-light above, with iron framed opening lights and rectangular leaded panes; gauged brick flat arched heads with central keystones; at eaves level between bays 1 and 2 a moulded stone plaque inscribed "M/WH 1782": to bay 2 a C20 timber, glazed and tile porch protecting a 6-panel door with glazed toplights. Single-storey C20 lean-to on north side incorporating an early stairlight window in gable over casement window. Interior considerably modified in C20. The Stuckey family, prominent C29 Somerset bankers, owned this house in the earlier C20.
Listing NGR: ST4693225359
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Brick, Ham Hill Stone, Lias, Tile, Georgian Detached House, Monument <By Form>, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument