This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONG SUTTON CP THE GREEN (West side) ST4625 12/157 The School House, with front boundary railings - GV II
Former school, now house. 1840, reshaped 1871. Local lias stone cut and squared, Ham stone dressings; Welsh slate roof between coped gables; brick end chimney stacks. Single storey with attic, 2 bays. Below, 3-light chamfered mullioned windows under square labels; above, pairs of 2-light mullioned windows set under segmental arched heads in slightly projecting gabled dormers, each on 3 corbel blocks, with slit gable vents over: between bays a part-glazed door in plain opening having thin stone lintol. C20 extension to rear. Interior not seen. 3 metres (average) east of house the boundary railings, about 1 metre high, cast iron with spear-head points, and pair of simple matching gates, which add to setting of house. Erected as the village schoolroom in 1840, on the site of a former vicarage, it became the master's house in 1871 when the present school (q.v) was erected opposite. (VCH vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST4687425362
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Brick, Cast Iron, Ham Hill Stone, Lias, Welsh Slate, Victorian School, Education, Teachers House, Domestic, House, Dwelling