This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HUISH EPISCOPI CP DUCKS HILL (North side) ST4326 11/69 The Rose and Crown Inn - II -
Inn. Circa 1800. Local lias stone roughly cut and squared; hipped thatched roof; brick end chimney stacks. Two storeys; 5 bays, of which bays 1 and 2, probably part of original building, are under a clay pantiled lean-to roof. Four-centre pointed arched windows with voussoired stone arches, 'Y' tracery casements mostly with leaded panes; no window upper bay 1; to lower bays 2 and 4 arched doorways to match, former with boarded door, latter with part-glazed door. Later extensions to rear, and lean-to against east gable under construction October, 1984. Interior not seen. Inn so named by 1835, but building probably earlier than that date. (VCH, vol III, 1974)).
Listing NGR: ST4302726637
Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Slocombe, Graham
Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham
Brick, Lias, Pantile, Stone, Thatch, Georgian Inn, Commercial, Domestic, Residential Building