Millard Monument In Churchyard, 3 Metres East Of Chancel, Church Of Blessed Virgin Mary

Date:
19 Oct 1999
Location:
Millard Monument In Churchyard, 3 Metres East Of Chancel, Church Of Blessed Virgin Mary, Huish Episcopi, South Somerset, Somerset
Reference:
IOE01/00038/21
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

HUISH EPISCOPI CP - ST4226 11/61 Millard monument in churchyard, 3 - metres east of Chancel, Church of Blessed Virgin Mary GV II

Chest tomb. C17. Ham stone. Simple moulded base on step; plain sides and flanks; cyma-recta moulded coving to heavy flat top. Commemorates two people - inscription reads "Here lyeth the body of John Millard alias Bradford who was buried 22nd March 1622. Here lyeth the body of Marie Haberfield, the wife of John Haberfield who was buried the 4th day of June AD 1625" - the connection between them unknown.

Listing NGR: ST4273826626

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Slocombe_Graham IOE Records for Slocombe, Graham; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr Graham Slocombe. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Slocombe, Graham

Rights Holder: Slocombe, Graham

Keywords

Ham Hill Stone, Tudor Chest Tomb, Elizabethan Religious Ritual And Funerary, Stuart Tomb, Jacobean Funerary Site