This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5224 LOWER HIGH STREET (south-east side) Scotts Cottage and Silk Mills Yard (formerly listed as Silk Mills Yard) SP 1439 SE 9/190 25.8.60
Circa 1700. One building. Two storeys and attics. Coursed and squared rubble with Cotswold stone tile roof, 2 gabled dormers, casements; 3 ashlar chimneys, 2 with cornices. Three windows, 3 light casements in rebated mullion surrounds, label mould to centre ground floor window. Scotts Cottage has longer mullions to first floor window and an angled bay shop window with glazing bars below; blocked shop door next and a 6 panel door with pilaster frame all under lead drip; a tablet inscribed "J Scott 1747" above. Silk Mills Yard has ledged door off centre right.
Listing NGR: SP1492739015
This is part of the Series: IOE\Freeman_Lorna IOE Records for Freeman, Lorna; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Ashlar, Rubble, Stone, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial