This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. 5224 CALF'S LANE (east side)
Court House SP 1539 SW 9/38
2. Early C17; presumably contemporary with Old Campden Manor. Ashlar, with a Cotswold stone roof, continuous moulded bands at first and second floor levels. A rectangular range backing onto the street; the central area of the upper parts bearing in notibly.
3 storeys, 6 windows, 2, 3 and 4 light stone mullioned casements. Central flat arched doorway and blocked 4-centred one to left. Four ridge stacks, the end ones paired, set square, and decorated; the central ones taller, 2 of the shafted set diagonally with moulded caps and enrichments.
East on Garden Front. This front shows both C18 and mid C19 alterations. Two C19 bays, one 2 storeyed and other mullion and transom windows. Two first floor sashes with glazing bars. Large stone buttress.
Two storey extension on south end. The 'arrow-slit' vents in south gable. The house is probably a conversion of the Old Manor stables after the house was destroyed in the Civil War in 1645 when it was burnt to prevent it falling into the hands of the Parliament.
Listing NGR: SP1536039282
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Ashlar, Stone, Tudor Stable, Elizabethan Agriculture And Subsistence, Stuart Animal Shed, Jacobean Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling