This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS94SW WOOTTON COURTENAY CP WOOTTON COURTENAY VILLAGE
6/121 Remains of churchyard cross, in churchyard about 18 metres south of nave, Church of All Saints -
Churchyard cross, Early C15, mid C19 calvary. Ham stone. Three stage calvary, unusually fine socket, octagonal, 4 engaged columns with moulded caps and plinths, recessed panels with moulded surrounds, tapering shaft with deep grooves to the angles, in all about 1.8 m high, A Buckler drawing of 1839 shows shields in the recessed panels of which there are now no trace; Pooley refers to the remains of sculpture on 2 sides of the shaft, likewise no longer extant.
(Pooley, Old Crosses of Somerset, 1877).
Listing NGR: SS9381843414
Copyright IoE Mr R.M Rayner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rayner, R.M
Rights Holder: Rayner, R.M
Ham Hill Stone, Medieval Cross, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site