This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
GOSPORT ROAD 1.
5231 (North East Side) Stubbington Holy Rood Church SU 5504 10/198
Consecrated 1878. Decorated style. Knapped flint with stone dressings and plinth.
Square tower, with buttresses, set at north west side. Tiled roof. Crenellated and in 3 stages with band below 1st floor window and shield set in panel below this. West window with string course below gable following line of gable. Aisled.
Wooden porch at south side. 7 windows with buttresses between and round cusped clerestory windows set in irregular stone panels with bands between. East end now altered to form interior chapels. New interior in 1971 after fire damage.
Nos 1 and 3 Holy Rood Church form a group (Nos 1 and 3 are buildings of local interest).
Listing NGR: SU5560503051
Copyright IoE Mrs Brenda M Palmer. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Palmer, Brenda M
Rights Holder: Palmer, Brenda M
Flint, Stone, Tile, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship