This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS9646 THE PARKS 900-1/3/97 (North East side) 04/07/52 Baptist Church
Baptist Chapel. c1821, enlarged 1902. Older part is stucco with a low-pitched slate roof. Rectangular plan with 1902 and c1980 extensions to front and rear. Single storey; 2-window range. Of the original building only the range to the right is not obscured by the C20 extension. This has a dentilled cornice over a projecting Doric porch, now enclosed, flanked by tall semicircular arched windows with small coloured panes.
INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SS9662846208
Copyright IoE Mr R.M Rayner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rayner, R.M
Rights Holder: Rayner, R.M
Slate, Stucco, Georgian Baptist Chapel, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship