This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS9747 QUAY STREET 900-1/2/71 (North side) 28/10/76 The Quay
Quay. 1610 with later additions. Built of rubblestone with stone-coped parapets. Curved plan projecting toward the east. HISTORY: first built by George Luttrell, Lord of the Manor of Minehead, for 5,000 to shelter 240 ships. (Binding H: Minehead: A New History: Minehead: 1977-: 59).
Listing NGR: SS9722847086
Copyright IoE Mr R.M Rayner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rayner, R.M
Rights Holder: Rayner, R.M
Rubble, Stone, Tudor Quay, Elizabethan Transport, Stuart Water Transport Site, Jacobean Maritime, Landing Point