This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EGLINGHAM SOUTH CHARLTON NU 12 SE 3/184 Outbuilding and yard wall to north of Grovewood House GV II
Coach-house and stable to former vicarage. 1862, by James Deason of London for 4th Duke of Northumberland. Snecked stone with tooled ashlar dressings; Lakeland slate roof.
Elevation to stable yard; 1 storey + loft, 3 bays. Central doorway flanked by small windows, under studded loft door in gabled half dormer; to left boarded double doors under segmental arch, to right C20 opening. Coped gables. Right return (to churchyard) shows slatted loft window in gable, and attached flat-coped wall to left which returns, with gateway, to link with north-east corner of Grovewood House (q.v.). All openings in chamfered surrounds.
Included for group value with Grovewood House and Church of St. James.
Listing NGR: NU1649920222
Copyright IoE Mr Peter Oakley Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Rights Holder: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Ashlar, Lake District Slate, Rubble, Stone, Victorian Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site, Gate, Unassigned, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier