This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EGLINGHAM EGLINGHAM VILLAGE NU 1019 (South side, off) 19/173 Humble headstone 5 metres west of south transept of Church of St.
Maurice GV II
Headstone, 1749. Sandstone. Small flat-topped stone with inscription to William Humble; on reverse recumbent hourglass above horseshoe-shaped panel with anvil and hammer, flanked by standing figures.
Listing NGR: NU1060619457
Copyright IoE Mr Peter Oakley Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Rights Holder: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Sandstone, Georgian Gravestone, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Grave Marker, Funerary Site