This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EGLINGHAM EGLINGHAM VILLAGE NU 1019 (South side, off) 19/174 The Old Vicarage GV II
Vicarage, now private house. c.1840. Tooled stone with tooled-and-margined dressings; Welsh slate roof. Tudor style. South elevation 2 storeys, 4 bays.
Chamfered plinth. At each end a projecting canted 2-storey bay with a 3-light mullioned-and-transomed window under a moulded string, the centre light carried down to form a French window. 2-light windows above and in centre bays, under hoodmoulds. Small-paned casements in ground-floor windows, 6-pane sashes above, all in chamfered surrounds. Coped gables with moulded kneelers and finials; smaller gables over bays have chamfered loops. Left return shows 2 blind loops, 2-light window above and loop in gable. Left porch bay with stepped set-back buttresses, flush-panelled double doors under Tudor arch and 2-light window above; corbelled-out parapet with gable. Tall stepped stack with dentil cornice, rising from roof valley. Right return shows blind loops in gable end. Right projecting stepped stack, with dentil cornice, and stair bay with Tudor-arched doorway under tall 2-light transomed window. Lower 4-bay service wing to far right, with projecting cross-gabled end bay.
Interior: Open-well stair with turned balusters and moulded wreathed handrail.
Listing NGR: NU1062419406
Copyright IoE Mr Peter Oakley Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Rights Holder: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Stone, Welsh Slate, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Service Wing, Monument <By Form>