This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EGLINGHAM EGLINGHAM VILLAGE NU 1019 (South side) 19/175 Tankerville Arms Public House and No. 17 GV II
Public House, c.1830-40 incorporating ealier fabric, and house, late C18.
Tankerville Arms squared stone, with tooled dressings; No. 17 coursed rubble with tooled-and-margined dressings; Welsh slate roofs. Street front 2 storeys.
Tankerville Arms 4 bays; central porch, with moulded cornice and blocking course, holding 6-panel door with 2-pane overlight. 4-pane sash windows in raised surrounds with extended ends to lintels, sills and mid blocks. No. 17, to right, 2 wide bays; right-of-centre 6-panel door with 2-pane overlight inside C20 half-glazed porch. 4-pane sash windows in alternating-block surrounds with slightly-projecting sills. Coped gables; stepped-and-banded end and 2 ridge stacks. Rear elevation shows early C19 wing on far right and lateral stack with octagonal shaft and flared moulded cornice to left.
Altered single-storey part of Tankerville Arms at east end, timber extension to rear, porch and rear extension to No. 17 are not of special interest.
Listing NGR: NU1074419490
This is part of the Series: IOE\Clarke_Peter Oakley IOE Records for Clarke, Peter Oakley; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Peter Oakley Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Rights Holder: Clarke, Peter Oakley
Rubble, Stone, Welsh Slate, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Public House, Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, Structure, Unassigned