This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
In the entry for DUDLEY ROAD 6/10 Handsworth B18 Church of St Patrick
The address shall be amended to read DUDLEY ROAD Winson Green B18 Church of St Patrick ------------------------------------
DUDLEY ROAD 1.
5104 Handsworth B18 Church of St Patrick SP 08 NW 6/10 II 2.
Roman Catholic, 1876-1895. Red brick with stone dressings; tile roof. To the road, the west end with gabled entrance flanked by buttresses with cupola-like terminations and, above, a canopied statue niche with, left and right, tall 2-light windows with big sexfoils above. To the left of this, the baptistry with apsed end, to the right, first, a bell turret with pronounced gargoyles and then, much lower, a lean-to bay and the subsidiary entrance to the church which admits on to a vestibule that is found to run behind the whole of the facade of the church.
Inside, arcade of 4-bays with choir loft above the vestibule. Chancel with flat east end against which an elaborate reredos with relief panels and much crocketting. The chancels walls redecorated but retaining some angels with outspread wings.
Listing NGR: SP0470487636
Copyright IoE Mr J J Sheridan. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Sheridan, J J
Rights Holder: Sheridan, J J
Brick, Stone, Tile, Victorian Roman Catholic Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship