This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
MOSELY ROAD 1.
5104 Highgate B12 No 106 SP 0885 NW 53/6 II GV 2.
Circa 1830-40, three bay 2 storey stucco villa with late Grecian detail. Lower slightly recessed 2 storey gighouse extension to left. Rusticated channelling to ground floor. Quoin plasters with first floor stringcourse carried over as capitals with 3 discs to necks. Plain parapet coping. Gable end slate roof with flanking corniced stucco chimneys. Ground floor window rise from brick plinth in plain stucco frames, the heads anthemion scroll and flanked by fluted consoles to the cornices set as beaks in string course. First moor window have architrave surrounds with sills on consoles. Large square pier porch with pilasters to wall, the capitals decorated with anthemia and acanthus. The deep frieze has be-ribboned wreath flanked by panels in line with piers, the moulded cornice breaking forward over them, pedimented blocking course. The doorcase is set in arched recess with reeded panel pilasters, shallow entablature with thin cornice and radial glazed fanlight set above. Six panel door in panelled reveal. On the coped cable end to east the quoin pilasters are returned separating the service wing.
Listing NGR: SP0817485678
Copyright IoE Mr J J Sheridan. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Sheridan, J J
Rights Holder: Sheridan, J J
Brick, Slate, Stucco, Georgian Villa, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Service Wing, Carriage House, Transport, Road Transport Site