This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 86 NW BOX DREWETT'S MILL
2/141 Saltbox Farmhouse
Farmhouse, dated 1784, rubble stone with concrete plain tile roof, coped gables, end wall stacks and ridge stack at original end wall.
Two storeys, 3-window range. The original house was double fronted with flush quoins, raised string course, two 2-light bead-moulded mullion windows to each floor and central door. Ground floor left window is larger with 8-pane casements, between upper windows a stone sundial, door in moulded flush doorcase with 'Thos. Evill Bathford 1784' inscribed and hood on brackets over. The left side is Cl9 ashlar extension with 12-pane sash to each floor. Outshut rear with door in chamfered doorcase and C20 hood and C20 bead- moulded windows.
Listing NGR: ST8311669984
Copyright IoE Mr Kim Aplin. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Aplin, Kim
Rights Holder: Aplin, Kim
Ashlar, Concrete, Rubble, Stone, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Sundial, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Garden Ornament