This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
752 ABBEY CLOSE
SU 4997 1/154 Nos. 8 and 9
Formerly Nos. 22 & 22A. Parts dated 1640, main section of mid-C18 origin. Rough rendered. Right hand section of No. 8 is of two storeys, gabled, two casement windows. Middle section has early C19 fenestration, one window each storey, flush frame with moulded cornice. Main building of three storeys, and cellars. Two gables to road. No. 9 has three sash windows, one to each storey. No. 8 has an early C19 two light sash in a wood frane and a two storey canted bay of three lights, glazing bars. Cellar windows. No. 9 includes a portion of the premises to the left (No. 10) with a single sash window above a six panel door (two panels glass) flanked by narrow lights in a flood architrave.
Flat hood on carved brackets.
Nos. 7 to 11 (consec) form a group
Listing NGR: SU4994097064
Copyright IoE Dr David J Mazey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mazey, David J
Rights Holder: Mazey, David J
Render, Stuart House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling