This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LUDGVAN SW 53 SW 8/12 Marazion Old Bridge and Boundary - Stone GV II Road bridge over confluence of 2 streams and with parish boundary stone. Probably C18. Granite rubble with granite voussoirs and squared granite parapet copings fastened with iron cramps.
Plan: 2-span bridge of single carriageway width splayed out over the abutments; semi- circular-on-plan refuges at either side and flanking the carriageway are randomly spaced granite fenders built into the parapet. Upstream there is a bank between the streams and downstream there is a triangular-on-plan cutwater where the streams converge. In the south-eastern refuge is a probably early C19 round-headed granite monolithic boundary stone incised with the letter M for Marazion parish.
The bridge is humped in the middle and the arches are pointed.
This is a rare unaltered C18 road bridge, saved from being widened by the construction of another bridge nearby in 1837 (Marazion Bridge qv).
Listing NGR: SW5134331142
Copyright IoE Mr Richard Clegg. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Clegg, Richard
Rights Holder: Clegg, Richard
Granite, Iron, Rubble, Stuart Road Bridge, Georgian Transport, Road Transport Site, Bridge, Boundary Stone, Monument <By Form>, Boundary, Parish Boundary, Civil