This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1671 BROAD STREET (North Side) Warden's House to Brown's Hospital TF 0207 1/426 II GV 2.
Late C19. Architect, J Fowler? 3 storeys in coursed rubble with ashlar dressings and quoins. 2-storey oriel to the right, on moulded bracket. lO-light windows with stone mullions on each storey. Moulded band continues hoods and cills on lst floor below crenellated parapet, 2-light window in gable above this oriel, rectangular dripmould, helm arrow-slit window. Gable has finial. Left-hand section set back with one-light window with rectangular dripmould on 2 storeys above penticed pouch with crocketed finial, which has a niche containing a statue, Wood door in 4-centred archway with rectangular dripmould. Stepped rusticated buttress to left.
Plinth. Stone slate roof with red ridge tile.
No 1, Railings and terrace to No 1, No 2, Wall and gates to No 2, Nos 3, 4, Warden's House to No 4 and Nos 5 to 11 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0298207274
Copyright IoE C. Culligan. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Culligan, C.
Rights Holder: Culligan, C.
Ashlar, Rubble, Stone, Tile, Victorian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Statue, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Sculpture, Garden Ornament, Street Furniture